Housed in a beautiful, modern and technology-enabled free-standing building in North West Oakville, Western Heights Montessori Academy offers a unique learning and social environment for children between 15 months and 6 years old. Our enriched program is customized to meet the unique needs of each child and the busy lives of their parents. Our goal is to become the best Montessori School in Oakville.
We pride ourselves in our highly experienced, qualified and caring educators. Teachers at Western Heights Montessori Academy are evaluated and hired following a rigorous process to ensure they deliver the best experience and education possible for your child. We believe teachers are fundamental to the building blocks needed to create the best Montessori school in Oakville. Learn more about our teachers’ qualification and background here.
- Customized learning plan: At Western Heights Montessori Academy, each child is unique and special. Following the key principles of Montessori program, we carefully evaluate each child’s learning needs and develop a customized plan for achieve enhanced learning. No cookie-cutter approach; each child is learning at his or her own pace.
- Seamless parent teacher communication: At Western Heights Montessori Academy, we understand you want to be a part of your child’s learning journey. Our technology-enabled parent-teacher communication tools make it incredibly easy to receive updates and provide feedback throughout the semester. In addition to twice-a-year parent teacher interviews, you will receive regular reports about your child and can adjust the learning plan in close collaboration with our teachers.
- Enriched French, Mandarin and Music classes: French, Mandarin and Music classes are offered beginning at Toddler age at Western Heights Montessori Academy. We believe language and music are necessary tools to stimulate children’s brain development; we leverage these tools early on to ensure your child get the most out of our program.
- Close-knit community: At Western Heights Montessori Academy, every student is known to every staff and teacher. We deliberately choose to manage our student numbers to ensure we can maintain the one-on-one attention required for each student enrolled. We believe we need to know our students better to ensure we can develop an individualized approach to enhance their learning. Each student is unique and special at Western Heights, and is a part of an extended, close-knit family.
- Freshly-made-on-site meal and snacks: Nutrition is key to healthy physical development, especially early on. We design our lunch and snack menu with your child’s developmental needs in mind. Our menu ensures the food we serve is not only nutritious, but also delicious that children love to eat! Prepared fresh on-site daily, our food can cater to meet many dietary and allergy requirements. Organic foods are used as common ingredients in our menu. We are committed to serve only Organic Milk to our students.
- Extended operating hours: We understand the competing priorities that comes from working and taking care of your child. As a result, we decided to provide families with our extended operating hours from 7:00am to 6pm. We hope it will provide you with added flexibility in your busy schedules for pick-up and drop-off.
- Private, spacious and fun-filled playground: Featuring a fun play structure, open spaces and green-filled view, our playground is beyond compare within the Oakville community. Children have lots of fun playing outdoor and form their love of nature through experiencing nature everyday on our playground.
We are proud of all that we offer – and we are confident you will like what you see when you come and experience our program. Schedule a private tour today. We also invite you to give us your feedback as this is the only way we can continuously and consistently exceed your expectations – and work towards our goal of becoming the best Montessori school in Oakville.